[Aim and activities]
[Members, theis rights and obligations]
[Means and property of the Association]
[Expiration of the Association activities]
|1. Forest Owners Association of Lithuania (further Association) is an independent public organisation, uniting forest owners and other persons interested in its activities. |
2. The Association follows the laws and other standard acts of the Republic of Lithuania as well as these regulations and programs of its activities.
3. The Association is a juridical person, having its seal, repay account in one of registered banks of the Republic of Lithuania, has the right to have its emblem and other symbols.
4. The headquarters of the Association - Chamber of Agriculture, K.Donelaicio 2, LT- 3000 Kaunas.
5. The Association acts within the territory of Lithuania.
|Aim and activities|
|6. The aim of the Association - unite forest owners to solve their tasks. 7. Objectives:
8. Carrying out its tasks the Association:
- take care of organisation and effective forest owner service (consultation, information, in-service courses, working out of forest plans, industrial activity, trade and other services);
- protect the interests of the Association members.
- gives suggestions in working out projects on legal acts concerning forest restitution, privatisation and private forest management;
- investigates and forms scientifically based public opinion and actual private forestry questions;
- provides information form mass media;
- organises seminars, discussions, meetings, excursions, conferences, demonstrations and other peaceful gatherings;
- establishes mass media means and takes over publication;
- establishes enterprises according the defined order to solve tasks foreseen by the regulations;
- provides consultations for private forest owners;
- represents its members;
- applies to state management institutions;
- keeps contacts with state institutions and other public organisations in Lithuania as well as with forest owner associations in foreign countries;
- keeps contact with enterprises and firms serving the needs of private forest owners.
|9. Organisational and management structure of the Association:
- Revision Commission;
- Local Branches.
|Members, their rights and obligations |
|10. Every person can be the member of the Association, if he expresses his willingness, if he is of the full legal age, a citizen of the Republic of Lithuania, is interested in its activities, acknowledges the regulations, agrees with and carries out the tasks of the Association. |
11. Local branches of the Association admit new members by their written applications.
12. Members of the Association are obliged to:
13. A member of the Association has the right to: elect and be elected to any management duty within the Association, participate in any of its meetings, take advantage of its support, obtain information from the Board on its activities, leave the Association.
- keep to the regulations of the Association and actively participate in solving the tasks of the Association;
- increase their knowledge in forestry;
- pay membership fee. Membership fee size is defined by a Conference. Local branches have at their disposal 50% of the fee.
14. Members, violating the regulations, have to leave the Association on decision at the general meeting of local branch members by a majority of votes. This decision may be appealed against to the Board of the Association whose decision is final.
|15. The highest management institution of the Association is Conference, which is held every 2 years on decision of the Board. |
16. Extraordinary Conference is held on the initiative of the Board by 2/3 of votes or, when it is required by less than 1/3 of members or Revision Commission.
17. Delegation order the Conference is defined by the Board. The Conference is valid if attended by more than a half of all members. Decisions are adopted by the majority of votes. If one half of votes is far and one half against, then the voice of the chairman is decisive.
18. Conference fails without quorum, it is held repeatedly no later than after a month and is valid if attended by 1/3 of members.
- adopts, changes or supplements the regulations, defines activity trends of the Association;
- defines the size of membership fee;
- elects the Board and Revision Commission for a two-year period;
- confirms of reports by the Board and Revision Commission;
- solves the question of the Association.
|20. Between conferences the Association is governed by the Board. Its 11 members are elected by the conference, while the rest are heads if the local branches. |
21. The Board by a majority of votes elects its leaders (chairmen, 3 deputies, book-keeper and secretary). Decisions of the Board are adopted by majority of votes at the presence of more than half of the members, including the chairman, if absent, his deputy. Under equal number of votes for and against, decisive is the voice of the chairman, if absent, of the deputy. Meetings of the Board are held not less than once per quarter under the request of the chairman, deputy or 1/3 of the Board members. Between meetings the leaders manage current issues.
22. The Board is competent to:
- call Association Conference;
- work out Association work plan and estimate;
- make agreements;
- represent the Association;
- register local branches;
- employ workers;
- manager other matters of the Association.
|Revision Commission |
|23. Revision Commission is elected for a two-year period at the Conference of the Association. It consists of three members. |
24. Revision Commission has not less than once a year to:
- check financial account of the Association and the work of the Board as well as to:
- report at the Conference on the Board over the last period.
|25. Local branches of the Association are established under not less than 3 members. Local branches are organized on a territorial basis. They are registered at the Board and keep to the regulations. |
26. The highest local branches management institution is the meeting of all local branches members. Meetings are held every year. Between meetings local branches are managed by the head or by the Board and its chairman. Local branches leaders, their election order and functions are defined at the annual meeting.
27. Local branches management and its members at the annual meeting define activities.
28. On the decision of the Association the local branches may be legal persons, have their seals and bank accounts.
|Means and property of the Association |
|29. On the right of ownership the Association takes advantage of all available material values, means and other property according to the legal order. |
30. The Association disposes means, finances and manages its activities according to the rules adopted by the Board of the Association. The means are used to implement the tasks of the Association.
31. Means of the Association comprise:
- membership fees;
- donations from Lithuanian and foreign public organizations as well as persons loan capital;
- profit from enterprises established by the Association;
- other legally obtained facilities.
|Expiration of the Association activities |
|33. Activities of the Association expire:
34. The Association may be reorganised by dividing it into several new organisations or by joining another public organisation. This decision is made at the Conference of the Association. When the Association is being divided its property and means are distributed by a decision at the Conference. Joining another organisation, the property goes over to that organisation.
- under decision to reorganise the Association,
- under decision to stop activities;
- when court makes a decision to stop the activities of the Association.
35. Activities of the Association expire on the decision of the majority of votes. After the activity ceases, residual means and property are managed on the decision of the liquidation commission established by the Board and Revision Commission on a legal basis.
36. Under the decision of the Court the activities of the Association may be stopped or expired based on an application of the state institution, which has registered it in accordance with the law on public organisations in the Lithuanian Republic.
This editing of the regulations of the Forest Owners Association of Lithuania Conference on 19 April 1996.
Juozapavičiaus g. 9 (303 kab.), 09311 Vilnius, Tel.fax.: +370 5 2767590. K.Donelaičio g. 2, Kaunas, Tel.: +370 37 400363
© Lietuvos miško savininkų asociacija. Visos teisės saugomos. Sprendimas: Idamas. Naudojama Smart Web sistema.